Direkt zum Hauptbereich

About me

See my CV

Why I blog? 
Tableau offers a lot of possibilities to make creative visualization. This tool also has a mass of cool features and I would like get to know some them. I try to rebuild some elements, what I discovered on tableau.public or some informative blogs like vizwiz, storytellingwithdata as also vizcandy. Sometimes I meet people with the same interests like me, so I learn also from them. In my blog, I try to cement my knowledge and also share them with you.

Why do I blog in English? 
My mother tongue is Russia. I also speak German very well. But I would like to learn English. When I blog an English I learn a lot. I think this is the best way to improve my English skills. So please, don't be strict, if you notice some mistakes in my posts. :)

What kind of targets do I pursue with my posts? 
My tableau workbooks are not perfect.  But I am working on that. My aim is not only to create cool dashboards, but also to learn how to tell a story with data. In addition I would like to learn how people (i.e. the audience) read the worknooks. This info help to create more effective dashboards. Thats why I would like to improve my skills as a dashboard designer. So please, don't hesitate to give me your feedback.

So feel welcome on my page!


Kommentare

  1. Great blog.you put Good stuff.All the topics were explained briefly.so quickly understand for me.I am waiting for your next fantastic blog.Thanks for sharing.Any coures related details learn...

    Tableau Online Training|
    SAS Online Training
    R Programming Online Training|

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey Sai,
      Thank you so much for your comments! It motivates me. :)

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Tableau Table Calculation Function: WINDOW - Functions

The functions which begin with „WINDOW_...“ are also common used in Tableau. Remember! The “WINDOW_” function stays for the offset in data set, so-called WINDOW. It can look like this: 1) You can see the “WINDOW” clearly because of separation line between rows: 2) You limit the “Window” by giving the information about the first and the last row number. In this case, you give Tableau the information about the data offset. Let's have a look at the example with WINDOW_SUM I created a sample with data from Superstore. I would like to have a total sum of Sales in every row. In order to do this I created a calculation field: WINDOW_SUM(SUM([Sales]), FIRST(), LAST()) With this formula I said to Tableau: “Hey Tableau, calculate the total sum of sales from the first till the last row in the data set” And this is the result: Tableau wrote the result (total sum of Sales) in every row. As another option you can cumulate the result in each row and...

I want to understand RegEx! (Part2)

It is already two weeks ago since my last blog post. This two weeks I spent in Scotland. It is a very beautiful country with unforgettable landscaps. However, it is not the topic I want to talk about. In this blog I will continue the topic about the RegEx and its using in Tableau. Tableau offers you four different uses cases of RegEx: REGEXP_EXTRACT If you have data like this: aspirin_20_mg_oral_tablet and you would like to extract onliy 20_mg. What I do is I check my RegEx on this web site: http://regexr.com/ If it is ok, put this RegEx in Tableau function: REGEXP_EXTRACT([0-9][0-9]+[_]+[a-z]+) and extract all "20_mg" REGEXP_EXTRACT_NTH The same like the function before but here you can limit your extract to Nth index. Image you have data like this: aspirin_20565435 and you want to extract only "aspirin_20". So your formula should be: REGEXP_EXTRACT_NTH([a-z]+[0-9], 2) REGEXP_MATCH It is very easy one: Using REGEXP_MATCH we can find if ...

How create a calender with tableau?

I posted a calendar to tableau public, which I have done with Tableau 9.3. In my first blog I would like to share with you the steps for creating a calendar. The data sources and calendar you can find here. There are different reasons to use a calendar in tableau e.g. You can create your own calendar with an individual format and a lot of appointments. So it will help you make planning better.  You can also analyze things with calendar, if you drop&down a relevant dimension in order to show successful or not successful days.  To create such things is just a training and will help you use dimensions&figures on another way. And thi is my approach: I created a spreadsheet in excel with three columns: Date  Type of holiday  Holiday The column "Type of holiday" is necessary in order to make differences between private and official holidays. With the spell "C" I marked all private birthdays and with the spell "F" all offici...